Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Migratory Books at the Schuykill Center for Environmental Education/Libros Migratorios en el Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education


The Migratory Books Project was selected by Zoe Cohen, Art Program Manager at the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, for inclusion in the exhibition Nest and Branch. Read an interview with the curator here.

El Proyecto Libros Migratorios fue elegido por Zoe Cohen, la encargada de programas de arte en el Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, para inclucion en la exposición Nest and Branch. Lea un artículo con la curadora aquí.




The Migratory Books were also featured in two recent articles by Mary Tasillo, Bound and Lettered and the Journal of Artist Books. Both articles appear under the title Democratic Organization, and are based on Mary's talk at the 2008 Pyramid Atlantic Conference and Book Art Fair. Thanks Mary!

Los Libros Migratorios también fueron ofrecidos en dos articulos de Mary Tasillo, Bound and Lettered y Journal of Artist Books. Los dos aparecen bajo el nombre Democratic Organization, y venido del discurso de Mary en la 2008 Pyramid Atlantic Conference and Book Art Fair. Muchisimas gracias, Mary!


If anyone is interested in participating in the Migratory Books Project, please email me at rocinantepress (at) gmail (dot) com. Recipients of the Migratory Books, please either email me your responses or post them under the "Comments" button.

Si usted está interesado en participar en el Proyecto Libros Migratorios, por favor mandeme un email a la dirección electronia rocinantepress (a) gmail (punto) com. Recipientes de los Libros Migratorios, por favor mandeme un email o usa el botón de "Comments," por sus respuestas.

1 comment:

Era said...

I picked up a Migratory Book this weekend at the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education. My location is Philadelphia, PA.

I think food connects us. The growing of food, the harvesting of food, and the preparing and eating of meals. Today, even blogging about food connects us (in fact, I've made several friends online because of our mutual love of food).

I sent my migratory book to a friend in California who is a fellow food lover. I have shared many meals at her table and it's part of what I value most about our friendship. Though we are 3,000 miles apart and we can't sit at the same table, we still share recipes and stories about food.

Thank you for this project, I appreciate this moment you've created for me to reflect and share part of what I feel connects people to one another.